Now that i am the airport, I should summarise some of my observations about travelling around the UK as an Australian:
1. The countryside is very green – I understand that this May was the wettest May month since 1982
2. Driving a car here is easy but its bloody hard work to find a parking spot or take a photograph.
3. It costs a lot to live here. I need to remember that every time I spend a Â£, it actually costs me $2.40.
4. People are very friendly, but speak in different accents every 100 miles.
5. It helps to own an oil well. We drove 2120 miles and petrol costs 99p per litre!
6. Thank God for our GPS navigation system! Jill & I would have been shouting at each other all the way if we had tried to navigate without it. We probably would have been divorced!
Nonetheless, we had a great trip. Now we off to Norway where I undestand we need to take out a second mortgage just to buy a beer!