These are the five things that we liked best in Vietnam (not really in any order)
1. Hoi An – A lovely old city with character and charm along with a fantastic hotel.
2. Vietnamese Road Manners – Miss River told us that if you tooted before hitting someone, it was OK to just say sorry and be on your way. Otherwise there would be trouble.
3. Sapa – A diverse ethnic experience with the hill people and the mist.
4. Ha Long Bay – Spectacular!
5. Hanoi – The charm and style of the French architecture. Hanoi is more genteel than Saigon and far more comfortable. Ourhotel (Sofitel Metropole), an old colonial hotel was the nicesst one that we had in our entire trip.